Christian Prayer; With God, All Things Are Possible
E-Prayer Request/Testimony Form
Theme Scripture: John 15:7
"If you abide in me, and my words abide in you,
ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done
The Christian prayer is a prayer directed to God through His Son Jesus Christ, where the Bible declares that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to God and by which He hears us. Through this divine plan, man can now return to a relationship with God which was lost by mankind through Adam and Eve.
The following truth defines what the Christian prayer is all about:
(1) Prayer as a two way communication; a place of communion with God. We can speak to God and God can speak to us.
(2) God speaks through his Word; and only speaks in line with or in agreement with His Word, the Bible.
(3) God speaks through his Spirit; and speaks only in line with or in agreement with His Word, the Bible.
(4) We are to Speak to God through His Spirit (in us); and on the basis of His Word, the Bible. This is fundamental and typical of a true Christian prayer.
God's Word/the Bible shows us His Will; God's Word is God's Will.
God speaks to us according to His Will/Word. We are to speak to God (pray) according to His Will/Word.
Why do we need to know his Word/the Bible?
(a) To understand how He speaks and –
(b) To understand how to speak to God (pray effectively).
(c) His words abiding in us cleanses our hearts from doubts/unbelief and empowers our hearts with confidence to know that He has heard us and that we have RECEIVED.
(5) God answers us when we ask according to the revelation of his Word (abiding in us). Then, the bible says, "…it shall be done unto you" .
The Christian prayer, therefore, is like no other way of praying. It is the way by which mankind has found a living proof of direct answers to prayers; for there is no other way to pray to a living God who truly answers prayers -Christ, the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE.